By Senior Oceania Club Manager Neli Arias
With spring just around the corner, summer travel is on everyone’s minds and our next Oceania Club Reunion Cruise is on mine. We’ve planned some exciting festivities for this year’s Reunion Cruise and I’m so looking forward to exploring the coastal villages of New England along with the tropical beauty of Bermuda with our guests.
If you’ve been thinking about joining us on our next Reunion Cruise, we have 5 excellent reasons why you should. Happy sailing and continue reading below for the details on our 2018 Reunion Cruise!
Cottages, Coves & Coasts | 10 DaysInsignia | July 15, 2018 | New York to New York
1. It’s an unforgettable 10-day celebration of old friendships, new memories and enriching travel experiences.
2. Convenient embarkation and disembarkation in New York City. Enjoy the perfect getaway with the added simplicity of departing from Manhattan.
3. Special cocktail receptions, members-only dinners and commemorative gifts. You’ll have the chance to mix and mingle with other travelers that feel at home on board just like you.
4. UNESCO-protected St. George. A picturesque 400-year-old town, horse-drawn carriage rides, fish chowder to die for, cobblestone streets with names like Petticoat Lane and world-famous golf courses – need we say more?
5. Exclusive shore excursions. Each year we craft special shore excursions just for the Oceania Club members on our Reunion Cruise – these bring you unique travel experiences and insider glimpses of the local culture that would otherwise not be offered. This year, join us as we enjoy Beneath the Breakers in Newport; Freedom Trail & Paul Revere’s House in Boston; and our Maine Lobster Experience in Bar Harbor.
I hope to see you aboard Insignia this July!
By Oceania Club Manager Neli Arias
Having just returned last week from our 14th Oceania Club Reunion Cruise in the Mediterranean, I’ve been reflecting on what a special voyage it was. I had the pleasure of co-hosting the sailing with our Senior Vice President, Nikki F. Upshaw and we both had a fantastic time meeting so many guests and enjoying explorations in this spectacular part of the world. From celebratory dinners at Toscana and La Reserve by Wine Spectator to cliff-side cafes in Santorini and floating in the Dead Sea, what I know will stay with me in the months to come is the feeling of camaraderie and friendship that you felt everywhere on this voyage.
Whether it’s cruising down a Panamanian river by canoe or picnicking in the gardens of Versailles, Nikki F. Upshaw has a passion for exploring the four corners of the globe. As Senior Vice President of Oceania Cruises, she is often on the road for work, but some of her most memorable travel experiences are when she has a chance to share the adventures with her three children: Alexandra, 19; Connor, 16; and Keira, 9. This year, Nikki is thrilled to be hosting the 14th Oceania Club Reunion Cruise, an alluring Greek Isles exploration with two overnights in Jerusalem. We sat down with her to find out what she’s looking forward to most on the Reunion Cruise, some of her most favorite travel memories, top culinary destinations and more.
Executive Vice President James Rodriguez shares stories from the Oceania Club Reunion Cruise, sailing from Rome to Lisbon on board Marina.
The Oceania Club Reunion Cruise is one of my favorite events of the year because it gives me the chance to see past guests with whom I’ve sailed before, and so many have become dear friends. I also enjoy meeting new Oceania Club members for the first time, hearing all the stories of their cruise, and having the opportunity to thank them for their loyalty. Our guests have always been my favorite part of cruising, and the Oceania Club Reunion Cruise is all about celebrating our guests.
Neli Arias, our Manager of Loyalty Marketing, has been with Oceania Cruises since 2010 and has become a familiar face among many of our cherished guests. She began assisting with Marina’s Inaugural events when she first came on board, eventually shifting to work on national accounts, which ultimately led to her current role. Neli delights in meeting our guests and has gotten to know a great number of them over the years. She’s looking forward this year’s Oceania Club Reunion Cruise with our Senior Vice President, Nikki F. Upshaw, in April. Below we caught up with Neli to hear more about her and her role at Oceania Cruises.