By Oceania Cruises Guests Leslie & Peter Rubacky
Weeks later, we’re still reminiscing about our incredible cruise to Alaska. It was 10 blissful days of the great Alaskan outdoors, amazing food and wine, and tons of good old-fashioned family fun – deck games, board games, trivia – did we mention the great wine and lots of laughs? Here are a few of our favorite moments.
1. Our floatplane excursion to Misty Fjords from Ketchikan – it was most definitely equal parts adrenaline and awe.
2. Shuffleboard paired with a good rosé and Alaskan skies – how can you go wrong?
3. Experiencing Sawyer Glacier. We got up close and personal with the glaciers, which you can only do on a smaller ship like Oceania Cruises.
4. The moment we learned this fun fact: not everyone knows how much whales like a good sauvignon blanc.
5. Watching brown bears in Sitka. Despite their imposing appearance, the bears were delightfully playful in their antics, almost juvenile.
We had such a great time, we’re already planning where our next family vacation on Oceania Cruises will take us!
Big, bold, and beautiful, Alaska is a captivating land of ancient glaciers, majestic wildlife and an enchanting culture that welcomes travelers with open arms. The 49th state also offers myriad opportunities for exciting glacial explorations and kayaking tours, along with more leisurely pursuits such as birding or local ale tastings.
The arrival of summer brings beautiful, adventure-filled days in Alaska. Whether riding the White Pass and Yukon Route Railroad from Skagway or soaring above Alaskan wilderness during an unforgettable seaplane flight from Prince Rupert, Alaska invites you to discover one-of-a-kind experiences wherever you choose to explore. As Regatta prepares to sail New England during the fall, we’re remembering this summer’s stunning Alaska season in photos. A big thank you to our dedicated Destination Services team for sharing such wonderful photos!
We can’t wait to return to Alaska next summer!
From the dramatic and rugged landscapes to the endless wildlife and rich cultural heritage, there’s always more to discover in Alaska. This summer, indulge your senses in the beauty of the Alaskan wilderness during a relaxing personalized fishing excursion accompanied by a delightful al fresco seafood luncheon while in Ketchikan.
Alaska is a fascinating destination filled with unspoiled wilderness and natural wonders. Our expertly crafted shore excursions invite you to immerse yourself in the region and truly embrace the landscape and culture that surrounds you. Two of our guests, Greg & Joan R., recently shared their memorable dogsledding experience in Juneau from their Alaska cruise last summer. Read about their excursion below – the perfect inspiration to begin planning your own Alaska voyage.