Discover the dramatic scenery and lush green valleys of the Canadian West, including the majestic peaks of the Canadian Rockies and the incredible wonders of Banff and Vancouver, on our unique five-day pre- or post-cruise land tour, available on select 2018 Alaska voyages with departures and arrivals in Vancouver.
The heart of this journey centers on traveling on the award-winning Rocky Mountaineer in the comfort of one of their luxurious Gold Leaf rail cars. Every twist and turn brings you an ever-changing and astounding panorama of snowcapped mountains, river canyons, glaciers, meadows and forests. A few highlights include passing by Craigellachie, where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven in 1885; the climb over Rogers Pass; the Kicking Horse Canyon; the Spiral Tunnels, which is a true engineering feat; and the glaciers and the amazing peaks of the Canadian Rockies.
As the landscape unfolds around you, savor exquisitely prepared meals, complimentary beverages and an afternoon wine and cheese service aboard your dome railcar. Take advantage of ample time to enjoy the custom-designed bi-level dome rail car with an upstairs seating area, or soak in the fresh mountain air on their exclusive outdoor vestibule. As you continue on your journey, you will notice dramatic changes in scenery, from the desert-like environment of the British Columbia Interior to forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains to the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley. Admire the rushing waters of Hell’s Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River.
While in Banff, journey to the top of Sulphur Mountain on the Banff Gondola and marvel at the incredible vistas all around. Also enjoy a guided exploration of Banff and its surrounding natural wonders, such as the renowned Bow Falls and picturesque Hoodoos Trail. While in Vancouver, your tour will take you across the Lion’s Gate Bridge to Capilano where you will have the chance to walk across the naturally thrilling and famous Capilano Suspension Bridge.
Land Tour Highlights
- Luxurious two-day rail travel experience aboard the Rocky Mountaineer, an award-winning train with Michelin-starred chefs, including gourmet meals, beverages, wine and cheese service and snacks
- Guided half-day exploration of Banff, including the dramatic Bow Falls and the popular Banff Gondola, which offers stunning views of six incredible mountain ranges
- Guided half-day tour of North Vancouver, including the famed Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Post-Cruise Land Tour also includes tickets to the Vancouver Lookout Tower, which offers panoramic views of the city, Burrard Inlet and the North Shore Mountains
- 4 nights at iconic hotel properties in Calgary, Banff, Kamloops and Vancouver
Join us for an unforgettable exploration in the Canadian Rockies next summer!
Pre-Cruise Land Tour available on:
Post-Cruise Land Tour available on: