By Oceania Cruises Guests Leslie & Peter Rubacky
Weeks later, we’re still reminiscing about our incredible cruise to Alaska. It was 10 blissful days of the great Alaskan outdoors, amazing food and wine, and tons of good old-fashioned family fun – deck games, board games, trivia – did we mention the great wine and lots of laughs? Here are a few of our favorite moments.
1. Our floatplane excursion to Misty Fjords from Ketchikan – it was most definitely equal parts adrenaline and awe.
2. Shuffleboard paired with a good rosé and Alaskan skies – how can you go wrong?
3. Experiencing Sawyer Glacier. We got up close and personal with the glaciers, which you can only do on a smaller ship like Oceania Cruises.
4. The moment we learned this fun fact: not everyone knows how much whales like a good sauvignon blanc.
5. Watching brown bears in Sitka. Despite their imposing appearance, the bears were delightfully playful in their antics, almost juvenile.
We had such a great time, we’re already planning where our next family vacation on Oceania Cruises will take us!