We recently released our first ever Environmental Report along with our new global environmental initiative, “Sail & Sustain.” This program reflects our mission of providing enriching and memorable vacation experiences for you while continually improving our sustainability culture and minimizing our impact on the environment.
Below are some highlights of the ways in which these initiatives will have a positive impact across our oceans and local communities worldwide:
- Each of our ships has a dedicated Environmental Officer on board to help ensure environmental regulatory compliance, manage crew member environmental training, and oversee off-loading and recycling management.
- These officers also organize community cleanups in areas that our ships call on and are an important resource for any environmental questions you may have.
Guest Speakers & Education
- Our guest lecturers explore a range of topics related to the region where the ship is sailing in order to offer a deeper understanding of the places you’ll visit. They feature a plethora of fascinating subjects including the local flora and fauna, marine biology, particular environmental challenges of the region and other environmentally-related topics.
Waste Water Treatment
- All of our ships are equipped with the latest in waste-water treatment and purification technology.
Waste Off-Loading Programs
- Our ships all follow the same rigorous waste off-loading procedures and initiatives with a focus on diverting waste from landfilling.
- Our program includes comprehensive recycling efforts on board as well as donations.
ISO 14001 Certification
- All of our ships are certified to the highest of environmental standards and the framework of our program is rooted in these international requirements.
We are always looking for ways to improve our environmental programs, and you can help us too. By simply following a few small, yet important tips, you can be a green cruiser:
- Re-use your bath and face towels instead of having them laundered every day
- Have housekeeping change your bed linens every 3 to 5 days or as needed
- Use only cloth napkins whenever possible
- Take shorter showers
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth