Guests who sail with us time and again love to share their tips for making the most of an Oceania Cruises voyage. Here are the top five OLife Insider tips from our frequent guests.
- If you’re traveling with a group of family or friends on shore excursions, designate a place for your group to meet in the ship’s main lounge at the appointed excursion time on your tickets. Once you’ve all gathered, one person in your group can take everyone’s excursion tickets down to the destination services staff at the front of the lounge and exchange them for coach tickets. This ensures your whole group will be on the same coach.
- Shore excursion and dining reservations can be booked online well in advance of your cruise. You can also make Canyon Ranch SpaClub® appointments before your cruise by calling 877-329-1924. Make these reservations ahead of time so that when you board the ship, all you have to do is relax and enjoy.
- After a day of exploring ashore, Horizons is the perfect place to relax and reflect on your day’s adventures. You can enjoy delicious finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream, and delectable pastries at Afternoon Tea, which is served at 4:00, and then stay to take advantage of the 2-for-1 cocktails offered when happy hour starts at 5:00!
- The onboard restaurants feature fabulous wine lists with an extensive selection of international varietals as well as exclusive bottles available only in the specialty restaurants. If you see a bottle that you would love to try but don’t think you can finish it at one sitting, simply ask the sommelier to cork the remainder and hold it for you in the cellar. The staff can retrieve it at any time so you can enjoy the rest of the bottle with another meal.
- If you wish to stay connected via phone with fellow travelers or family back home, you may want to inquire with your mobile phone carrier about an international calling plan. Most carriers offer temporary coverage while you’re traveling, but be sure to let your carrier know that you’ll be on a cruise ship. Plans that cover you in countries abroad don’t necessarily cover you while at sea, so confirm the coverage area of your plan to ensure you don’t incur unexpected charges.