Oceania Cruises recently caught up with Platinum Oceania Club members Nina and Ron Crawley before they set off on a relaxing Caribbean voyage aboard Regatta. Sailing with Oceania Cruises since 2006, they’ve traveled everywhere from the Arctic Circle to New Zealand aboard our ships. The intimacy of the ships, the pampering and the friendliness on board keeps them coming back again and again.
Along the way, they’ve become a part of the Oceania Cruises family and shared their top tips and recommendations for guests new to Oceania Cruises.
Top Tips for New Oceania Cruises Guests
- “Go to Team Trivia!” The Crawleys urge new guests to stop by Team Trivia to meet fellow guests and partake in friendly competition. “We love the challenge – and the Big O Points!” Nina said. “You get to know the cruise directors, which we love, and it’s especially good for people traveling alone.”
- “Make your dining reservations in advance.” The couple encourages new guests to make sure they make dinner reservations in advance since prime times can fill up quickly. “Everything is delicious – you don’t want to miss out,” Ron said.
- “Always pack fewer clothes than you think you need.” There are self-service launderettes available on board, as well as laundry and dry-cleaning services, which makes packing a breeze. “In fact, don’t bother to iron anything either, since it gets wrinkled in your suitcase – get it ironed on board,” Nina added.
- “Wear comfortable shoes – and take adventurous shore excursions!” One of the Nina and Ron’s favorite shore excursions was – somewhat unexpectedly – a tubing and mud bath excursion they enjoyed in Dominica.
- “Bring a good appetite!” The Crawleys love all of the cuisine on board, but their favorite restaurant is Red Ginger. Nina’s choice dish is the Lobster Pad Thai and Ron’s is the Miso-Glazed Sea Bass. Another all-time food favorite? The sticky buns at Terrace Café!
The Crawleys’ adventures continue next month aboard Insignia’s Indian Ocean Passage voyage, sailing from Cape Town to Singapore – they can’t wait for the pre-cruise safari they’ve booked. Be sure to say hello to Nina and Ron if you drop by Team Trivia!