As a continuation of last week’s spotlight on a few of our exciting new ports, we’re turning our focus on vibrant South America and the sun-drenched Caribbean. From the bliss of Punta Cana to Arica, Chile’s fascinating northernmost city at the edge of a desert, our new 2016-2017 Winter Collection introduces unique ports throughout South America and the Caribbean.
Top Experiences in Featured South America & Caribbean Ports
Arica, Chile: A lush city situated at the edge of the famed Atacama Desert, Arica offers beautiful beaches, verdant valleys filled with olive groves, fascinating archaeological sites and more.
- Take in sweeping views of the city and ocean from El Morro
- Discover excavated mummies at Museo de Sitio Colón 10
- Browse the craft shops and studios of Poblado Artesanal
- Don’t miss the impressive San Miguel de Azapa Archeological Museum
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Powderly white sands, swaying palms, the gentle lap of ocean waves and the radiant sun on your shoulders – that’s the bliss of Punta Cana, but plenty of other diversions abound.
- Visit freshwater lagoons and observe indigenous wildlife at the Indigenous Eyes Ecological Park and Reserve
- Travel to a countryside ranch to learn how local products are produced
- Witness the colorful variety of marine life on a glass-bottom boat or snorkeling tour
- Stop at the Ponce de Leon Fort Museum for a glimpse of the explorer’s life
There’s more – discover the rest of our new ports in the Caribbean & Mexico on our website:
Get inspired to plan your winter voyage with Oceania Cruises today!