Smartphones can help make international travel a breeze, but the price for convenient connectivity can quickly escalate, resulting in a surprisingly high bill when you return home. Fortunately, there are a number of ways to control the amount of data you use and the charges you incur – enabling you to take advantage of your smartphone when you really need it, and avoid paying for it when you actually don’t. Below are a few tips to help you reduce the amount of data you use,* and make the most of your smartphone when traveling.
Before you leave:
- Take a few minutes to review the setup of your phone and make sure you understand the settings—particularly those related to your apps and data.
- Refresh your memory on how to monitor your data usage in case you do want to check on this during your trip. (Most carriers offer apps that do this, otherwise you can log into your account on the carrier website.)
- Be sure to download any travel apps you may want to use while you’re away.
During your trip:
- Turn off data roaming, cellular data and location services. This will help you avoid incurring charges unintentionally.
- Turn off push notifications from your Settings menu. You can individually manage the push notifications for each app, but it’s recommended you turn off all push notifications to avoid unexpected charges.
- In particular, remember to set your email to manual or turn off the “auto-check” (to avoid automatically downloading data-rich attachments).
- Turn on airplane mode unless you need to make a call, otherwise you’ll be charged for incoming calls and voicemails. You’ll still be able to access free Wi-Fi networks, you just won’t be able to call or text.
- Take advantage of free Wi-Fi and “hotspots” that offer it. You can send email, surf the Internet and use apps. Most importantly, data transfer over Wi-Fi networks will not result in charges from your wireless carrier, and you can even use apps like Skype and Google Voice to make calls.
FREE INTERNET: New for Winter 2015-2016
Beginning with our Winter 2015-2016 Collection, you can stay connected worry-free aboard all of our ships with NEW FREE Internet. Enjoy FREE Internet in all Owner’s, Vista and Oceania Suites, as well as up to 500 FREE Internet minutes (or equivalent data amount) with Concierge Level Staterooms and higher. In addition, take advantage of FREE Internet on all of our 180-Day World Cruises, Your World on Sale Voyages and select Grand Voyages. For more details on FREE Internet, our Internet Packages and Terms & Conditions, see our website.
*The smartphone tips included in this post are not meant to be a comprehensive list ; please consult your cellular provider for further advice and particular tips relevant to your device in order to prevent unwanted charges.